Monday, January 5, 2015

Shadow Stalker Double Feature Tour -Guest Post


My NaNoWriMo 2014 Experience

By Renee Scattergood

When I decided to write Demon Hunt, I wasn't sure if I wanted to actually participate in NaNoWriMo because I knew it was going to be a relatively short novella and I wasn't starting a full length novel anytime soon. Plus I needed Demon Hunt done by the end of December so I could offer it as a holiday/New Year's gift.

I really wanted to participate, though, so I figured I'd write a few of the Shadow Stalker episodes as well to boost my work count. I mean, they're all a part of the same story anyway, so what does it matter that they are separate publications? So that's what I did.

I set my daily word count goal to 2500 words so I could get ahead in case I missed a few day. It's a good thing too. Around the middle of the month I had some personal issues to take care of and I ended up falling behind even though I had been at least 7 days ahead in my word count.

It was a bit disappointing at first, but I went back to my 2500 words a day goal and I managed to catch up again. All the other years I've done NaNoWriMo, I'd give up if I fell that far behind, but I was determined to finish this time. And I did… hours before the end, I managed to get just over the 50K mark, and I had to do two days of writing 5000 words to manage it.

November 2014 was the first time I'd ever won NaNoWriMo after about five years of participating! It was the best feeling. Finding time to write isn't easy when you have an autistic child at home, but somehow I managed it. We all celebrated by going to my favorite restaurant for dinner. :-D


Synopsis

Auren longs for adventure and a break from her tedious life on Appolia. It's the start of summer, and she is looking forward to her yearly camping trip with her foster father, Kado. She believes these trips are for fun, but when they arrive on Luten Isle, Kado informs her that she is a shadow stalker, and she is in training.

One morning, Auren decides to take her training into her own hands. She only means to practice seeing the veil to the shadow world, the world of the shadow people and the source of their power. Instead, she opens the veil releasing a demon, a guardian of the shadow world, into the physical world.

With the deadly beast loose, she and Kado don't have long to hunt it down and return it to where it belongs, or many innocent people could die.

Get Demon Hunt FREE till January 31st, 2015




Renee Scattergood

Renee Scattergood lives in Australia with her husband, Nathan, and daughter, Taiya. She was inspired to become a story-teller by George Lucas, but didn't start considering writing down her stories until she reached her late twenties. Now she enjoys writing high fantasy, and has recently began publishing her first series, Shadow Stalker. Aside from writing, she loves reading (Fantasy, of course), watching movies with her family, and doing crafts and science experiments with her daughter. 

How to Connect: WebsiteBlogAuthor PageGoogle+FacebookTwitter, & LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gift Certificates

Gift Certificates
Whether its a gift for a friend or for yourself these certificates are perfect to get your service on the go!
Select your Gift Certificate